Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Five Fun Family Vacation Activities Your Kids Will Love

I'm new to Twittermoms but can tell it's already going to be fun participating in the challenges and contests.  For my first Twittermom's challenge, I'm going to blog about five fun family activities your kids will love.  If you want to be a part of it, you can too here.  Although I don't have children yet, I'm expecting my first one and with all my siblings, I definitely know some fun activities for vacation.

  1. The beach is always fun for everyone and although I didn't grow up near a beach, I love the water and know that kids love the sand.  My sisters can play in the sandbox all day long.  The beach makes for an inexpensive trip too since all you have to do is get some drinks and food.  The recreation is all there for the taking.
  2. While I was growing up, my dad took us camping.  It was really a great way to have some family time when you are on a budget.  If you carefully choose the right campground, you can go fishing, go to the beach, hike the trails and so much more.  There is usually activities for all and a fun time to be had.
  3. Whenever we went on vacation, we would stop and play putt putt or visit the zoo.  Both provide hours of fun and some healthy competition unless you are playing with a sore loser.  It's another great way to have fun without spending a ton of money.
  4. Amusement parks and water parks is one of my favorite summer past times until I became pregnant.  It will still be fun but I will miss the roller coasters.  Amusement parks since they cater to all ages provides hours of fun and entertainment.
  5. Road trips to significant locations or historical places can be fun if you like history.  Living in the south provides a lot of history and a quick trip to Savannah would be educational and fun.  With the activities available in a local place in the summer, there is sure great fun to be had with tours, festivals and much more.  Road trips can be fun since they are places you have never been to before and they allow everyone to interact.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the Williamsburg Tourism and TwitterMoms blogging program for a chance to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here




Fun Family Vacation Activities
Visit Williamsburg

No comments:

Post a Comment